The National Aeromodelling and Aviators Society, N.A.A.S.,
is a remote control model aircraft club and facility located in the beautiful
N.A.A.S. valley in the Namadgi National park in Canberra A.C.T Australia. N.A.A.S. was founded in 2013.
Our main goal has always been to ensure that our field facilities provide the best opportunities for the enjoyment and safe flying of larger scale aircraft and special interest groups. This is achieved through a strong community of like minded, enthusiastic, skilled and energetic group of members:
- N.A.A.S. is about people, young and old, and their beautiful flying machines.
- N.A.A.S. is about friendships, team work, supporting community and good times.
- N.A.A.S. is about enjoyment, passion, commitment, aptitude, skill, knowledge and experience.
Our members are a dedicated and focused group of extremely active aeromodellers ranging in age from 10 years up to over 70 year of age. They nurture a variety of passions in the hobby, such as:
- Scale models: building (from scratch) and flying, predominantly WW1
- Aerobatics: IMAC and 3D
- Gliders and gliding
- ARFs and recreational (“sport”) flying
- Organizing events
N.A.A.S is associated with the ACTAA (ACT Model aeronautical Association) and the MAAA (Model Aeronautical Association of Australia), the governing body for aeromodelling in Australia, and it is affiliated to the FAI through the Australian Sports Aviation Confederation.